I can help you with two things – creating content for your blog and providing basic WordPress support. Read on to find out more.
Need help creating content for your blog?
I write blog posts and similar content to publish online. I can do short or long form.
If you know what you want, great! If not, we can brainstorm ideas and produce an editorial calendar.
If you have a style guide, I’m happy to follow it. If you want me to link to other pages on your blog or elsewhere on the internet, I’m happy to do so.
If needed, I can take screenshots to enhance each blog post.
I write in British or US English. My default style is British. If you have a US audience, I adapt my style to suit your readership.
I only write about topics I know about or find interesting.
What do I write about?
I mostly write about internet related topics:
- Digital, internet and content marketing
- Website design / optimsation
I write about lifestyle topics too:
- Personal finance
The types of article people like to read on blogs…how-to tutorials, 10-best-this, 7-best-that, comparisons, case studies, product and service reviews.
The kind of content that keeps your blog spinning and your readers coming back for more.
Useful. Informative. Actionable.
Some of the things I don’t do (without prior agreement):
- I don’t source images. I can suggest an image or two, but the final choice is yours.
- I don’t create images for sharing on social media.
Why Hire Me?
- I’m a native English speaker with a keen eye for detail and a preference for simple language.
- I check (and double-check) all content for grammatical errors and spelling mistakes.
- I write every piece of content carrying my name. I don’t have a team of ghostwriters supporting me.
- I always deliver on time.
- I respect copyright laws.
- I care about my clients and doing great work for them.
- I created my first website in 2000, started working in SEO in 2003 and discovered WordPress/blogging in 2006. That’s a lot of experience.
The starting price is 10p / 13¢ per word.
The starting price is 13p / 16¢ per word.
Included in the price are up to two lots of revisions for each post. Any more incurs an extra fee.
For bulk orders or regular work, I’m happy to offer a custom quote.
Are you interested in working with me or have any questions? Great! Fill in the form to get started.
I’ve used WordPress since 2006. I’ve lost count of the number of sites I’ve built with it, and I’ve spent thousands of hours working with plugins, themes and fixing technical problems.
Here are are a few of the issues I can help you with:
- Installing WordPress – Very straightforward if you’ve done it before. Not so easy if it’s the first time.
- Learning WordPress – Anything from basic tutorials (like creating posts) to using specific plugins. We can do it by email or ‘face to face’ over Skype.
- Updating WordPress – Running the latest version of WordPress enables you to use its latest features and reduces the risk of your site getting hacked.
- Updating plugins – Out of date plugins.
- Setting up plugins – Some plugins are quite easy to set up, others require a bit more experience. Let me do it for you.
- Setting up themes – Have you bought a premium theme, installed it and thought: “WTF! It looks nothing like the demo.”
I no longer offer a web design service, but if you twist my arm and I like your project, I might come out of retirement for one last gig. Same with SEO.